Q. Where are the Hurricane Evacuation Shelters in Colleton County?
A. There is currently one school that serves as a Hurricane Evacuation Shelter:
- Colleton County High School, 150 Cougar Nation Drive, Walterboro, SC 29488
Q. Where are the Evacuation routes in Colleton County?
A. See Online Documents for a map of the Evacuation routes out of the County.
Q. What items do I need to have in my Disaster Supplies Kit?
A. A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items a family would probably need to stay safe and be more comfortable during and after a disaster. Consider having emergency supplies in each vehicle and at your place of employment.
- Three-day supply of nonperishable food and manual can opener.
- Three-day supply of water (one gallon of water per person, per day).
- Portable, battery-powered radio or television and extra batteries.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit and manual.
- Sanitation and hygiene items(hand sanitizer, moist towelette, and toilet paper).
- Extra clothing and blankets.
- Kitchen accessories and cooking utensils.
- Photocopies of identification and credit cards.
- Cash and coins.
- Special needs items such as prescription medications, eye glasses, contact lens solution, and hearing aid batteries.
- Items for infants, such as formula diapers, bottles, and pacifiers.
- Tools, pet supplies, a map of the local area, and other items to meet your unique family needs.