Colleton County Animal and Environmental Control is responsible for mosquito control and abatement in the county. Citizens may request for the county to spray to control the mosquito population. Following are the conditions related to mosquito spray requests:
1) The Mosquito Control truck can come on your driveway and follow your driveway.
2) Spraying is done after dark from 7:30 pm to 12:30 pm when temperatures are above 50 degrees and it is not raining.
3) The following areas can not be sprayed: surrounding a pond, within 1/4 mile radius of a registered beehive, unoccupied property.
4) Spray requests for special occasions should be made at least 1 week prior to the event
5) Spraying can be repeated after 4 weeks upon request.
Requests for spraying can be made using the online form below (preferred method) or by calling the office Monday through Friday from 8:00 am thru 5:00 pm.
*Edisto Island - Report Mosquito Abatement Requests to:
Edisto Island Town Hall at (843) 869-2505
Form to request mosquito spray