Recycling & Convenience Centers



  • Accept household garbage and recyclables from citizens of Colleton County.
  • Operates the Used Motor Oil Collection Program for Colleton County Citizens.
  • Provides educational services to the community through presentations to school and civic groups.
  • Promotes recycling through participation in America Recycles Day and Earth Day Programs.
  • Offers educational programs and videos to small groups (10 to 12) at the Landfill.


The Convenience Centers DO NOT:
  • Offer commercial drop off at the Convenience Centers
  • Provide recycling bins to citizens
  • Pay anyone for recyclables delivered to the Convenience Centers
  • Accept shingles



Click HERE for a list of items accepted at Colleton County Convenience Centers


Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How do I properly dispose of recycle antifreeze?
A:Colleton County dose not accept antifreeze in there recycling program. Your best option may be to check with your car dealer or mechanic to see if they will accept your antifreeze for recycling or proper disposal or call SC DHEC AT 1-800-768-7348.

Q: I saw something at the Convenience Center that I would like to have- will you give me permission to go back and get it.
A: No the County Ordinance dose not allow anything to be taken by public from a Convenience Center, due to Safety and health reasons.

Q: Why can I only take small amounts of garbage to the Convenience Centers?
A: Space is limited at the centers and designed for waste generated by household. If you arrive with a large load, you may be asked to take it to the landfill.

Q: Can I take my shingles to the Convenience Center?
A: No, all shingles must be taken to the landfill 3288 Green Pond Hwy, Walterboro sc 29488

Q: Can I disposal of my old paint at the Convenience Center?
A: The Center will accept paint waste once it has been solidified or hardened. This can be done by mixing the paint with kitty litter or sand or you can donate your liquid paint to Habitat for humanity resale store.

Q: Who would I contact if I have a complaint about a site attendant?
A: You may contact the Site Supervisor at (843) 893-2313.

Q: Can I dump all of my trash into one container?
A: No. Department of Health and Environmental Control require that certain items must be separated, and the county's recycling process requires other material to be separated. For any questions see the site attendant.

Q: Do the Convenience Centers accept out-of-county waste?
A: No. Colleton County does not accept any out-of-county waste.



Convenience Site Holiday Closures

New Year's Day

Martin Luther King Jr.

President's Day

Confederate Memorial Day

Memorial Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Veterans' Day

Thanksgiving Day

Christmas Day