Skip to main content

What kind of assistance is available to me as a victim of a violent crime?

The Sheriff’s Office has a Victim/Witness Advocate and it is their responsibility to assist victims of violent crimes.  Whether it is advice or guidance during the investigation of the case or to keep victims informed of case progress, court appearances and procedures, defendants jail status, etc, the Victim’s Advocate will assist victims and witnesses.   The Victim’s Advocate also assists victims of domestic violence with Orders of Protection if necessary.  Call our Victim’s Advocate at (843) 549-2211 ext. 2055 for a full description of services available through the Victim’s Advocate’s Office.