The Planning and Development Department is responsible for all Planning and Zoning, Building Permitting and Inspections, Floodplain Management and Code Enforcement activities in the unincorporated portions of the County. The Office carries out these responsibilities through five major departmental functions:
Building Permitting & Inspections
Issues permits for all construction activity and placement of mobile homes.
Regulates construction and mobile homes in flood hazard areas.
Land Use Planning
Conducts current and long-range planning, land subdivision review and platting.
Issues permits, reviews site plans and enforces the zoning ordinance.
Public Nuisances/Codes Enforcement
Enforces the controls on abandoned or dilapidated structures, junk vehicles and overgrown lots.
NOTE: Please consult with the Planning and Development staff regarding any amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance and Map, or the Land Development Regulations since their adoption in 2022.
- 2020 Comprehensive Plan
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- 2022 Update Public Peace and Welfare (Title 9 Code of Ordinances)
- 2022 Update Building and Construction (Title 13 Code of Ordinances)
- 2022 Update Land Development Regulations (Title 14 Code of Ordinances)
- 2022 Update Zoning Ordinance (Title 14 Code of Ordinances)
- Land Development Regulations (Title 14 Code of Ordinances)
- Zoning Ordinance (Title 14 Code of Ordinances)
- Schedule of Fees
- Bikeway and Pedestrian Master Plan
|Joshua Rowland, Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deidre Bartley, Zoning & Floodplain Administratoremail@example.com|
|Theodore Reed, Chief Building Officialfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Doug Mixson, Building Inspectoremail@example.com|
|Chet Varnadoe, Code Enforcement Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allison Smyly, Permit Technicianemail@example.com|
|Coligny Mack, Permit Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|