Functions & Responsibilities
- Accept household garbage and recyclables from citizens of Colleton County.
- Operates the Used Motor Oil Collection Program for Colleton County Citizens.
- Provides educational services to the community through presentations to school and civic groups.
- Promotes recycling through participation in America Recycles Day and Earth Day Programs.
- Offers educational programs and videos to small groups (10 to 12) at the Landfill.
The Convenience Centers DO NOT:
- Offer commercial drop off at the Convenience Centers
- Provide recycling bins to citizens
- Pay anyone for recyclables delivered to the Convenience Centers
- Accept shingles
Convenience Site Holiday Closures
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- President's Day
- Confederate Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans' Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Frequently Asked Questions
Your best option may be to check with your car dealer, mechanic or local part store to see if they will accept your antifreeze for recycling or proper disposal or call SC DHEC AT 1-800-768-7348.
No the County Ordinance dose not allow anything to be taken by public from a Convenience Center, due to Safety and health reasons.
Space is limited at the centers and designed for waste generated by household. If you arrive with a large load, you may be asked to take it to the landfill.
No, all shingles must be taken to the landfill 3288 Green Pond Hwy, Walterboro sc 29488
The Center will accept paint waste once it has been solidified or hardened. This can be done by mixing the paint with kitty litter or sand or you can donate your liquid paint to Habitat for humanity resale store.
You may contact the Site Supervisor at (843) 893-2313.
No. Department of Health and Environmental Control require that certain items must be separated, and the county's recycling process requires other material to be separated. For any questions see the site attendant.
No. Colleton County does not accept any out-of-county waste.