Solid Waste and Recycling



Colleton County Solid Waste is responsible for operating and maintaining the Colleton County Convenience Centers strategically located throughout the county for the disposal and recycling of household garbage.

This Office Does Not


  • Provide residential or commercial garbage collection services
  • Provide removal of dead animals.
  • Pay anyone for recyclables delivered to the Convenience Centers or Landfill.



When you visit a Colleton County Recycling/Convenience Center, you have the perfect opportunity to reduce the amount of trash that goes to the landfill. Separating the recyclables is a great way to start. Repurposing or donating is another great way to keep items out of the land fill. To help Colleton County residents with recycling, the county has 14 Recycling/Convenience Centers.



Physical Address
3288 Green Pond Highway
Walterboro, SC  29488


Mailing Address
PO Box 1882
Walterboro, SC 29488


Phone: 843-893-2313
Fax: 843-893-2590



Landfill Hours:

Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm

Saturday 8am-12noon

**Convenience Center Hours



Solid Waste & Recycling:

Johnny Bartley, Director

Sylvia Singleton, Recycle Coordinator