Skip to main content

Who can open a landfill account and how?

Residents may open an account at the landfill by providing a driver's license and mailing address. Commercial accounts may be opened by providing the firm information. In either case all waste for disposal must be waste generated in Colleton County, and there must be no current amount due when the account is opened. 

The Colleton County Council establishes fees on an annual basis for the Colleton County Solid Waste Division with the approval of the Annual Budget ordinance. Tipping fees for disposal of Residential waste exceeding the 500-lb per month limit shall be calculated based on the County’s cost in tipping fees.

For any other questions please contact Solid Waste.