The Colleton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Corrections
Officer. The successful candidate of the age of 21 years or older will, under general supervision,
observe, guard, and monitor jail inmates along with following orders from his/her supervisor.
Also, the candidate will be required to process inmates, monitor jail alarm systems, detect
behavioral problems amongst inmates, and monitor and control jail visitors.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with good oral and written communication skills.
- Certified in each of the following certifications/tests: basic jail certification, CPR certification, and standard first aid certification, or be certified within six months of hiring.
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work shift work, holidays, and weekends.
- Certified in SCCJA Basic Detention or be certified within one year of hiring.
The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record along with a preemployment drug screening and a background check of satisfactory or better. The application process will include a polygraph test along with a thorough credit check.
All applications may be filled out at the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office at 394 Mable T Willis
Blvd. Walterboro, SC, 29488. The position will remain open until it is filled with the appropriate
Colleton County’s Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: Certified $14.51 Non Certified $13.78
SC State Police Retirement & Insurance