The Colleton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for a Deputy. The successful candidate of the age of 21 years or older will, under general supervision, respond to complaints and emergency calls by citizens of the Colleton County jurisdiction. Also, the candidate will exercise these responsibilities enforcing all state and local ordinances relating to the public’s safety and welfare.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with good oral and written communication skills.
- Completed each of the following certifications/tests: basic law enforcement, CPR certification, and standard first aid certification.
- Additional specialized training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy upon hiring. Certified in the SCCJA basic class-1 officer or be certified within 1 year of hiring.
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work shift work, holidays, and weekends.
- Additional specialized training in law enforcement or detention services is desired.
The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record along with a pre-employment drug screening and a background check of satisfactory or better. The application process will include a polygraph test along with a thorough credit check.
All applications may be filled out at the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office at 394 Mable T Willis Blvd.
Walterboro, SC, 29488. The position will remain open until it is filled with the appropriate applicant.
Colleton County’s Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: Certified $21.35 (DOQ), Non-Certified $19.40
SC State Police Retirement & Insurance