The Colleton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for E-911 Communication Technician (dispatcher). The successful candidate of the age of 18 years or older will, under general supervision, receive emergency calls including enhanced 911 and non-emergency calls from the public, other dispatchers, and law enforcement agencies via telephone, radio systems, and computer aided dispatch (CAD). Also, the candidate will be required to monitor emergency radio frequencies, receive radio calls from field units, determine nature, location, and priority of emergency, and direct field units to the scene of the emergency.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with good oral and written communication skills.
- Completed each of the following certifications/tests: E-911 Basic Communication, CPR, NCIC, & Emergency Medical Dispatch, or be certified within one year.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute determined by a typing test.
- Successfully complete reading / comprehension test.
- Additional specialized training in emergency communications or a closely related field is desired.
The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record along with a pre-employment drug screening and a background check of satisfactory or better. The application process will include a polygraph test along with a thorough credit check.
All applications may be picked up at the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office at 394 Mable T Willis Blvd. Walterboro, SC, 29488. The position will remain open until it is filled with the appropriate applicant.
Colleton County’s Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: Certified $17.93 (DOQ), Non-Certified $17.08
SC State Retirement & Insurance