RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All games will be played under NCAA rules. Any exceptions to those rules are listed below.
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry of any kind during league play.
- Due to the potential for damage to property and risk of injury, dunking is prohibited at all times. A technical foul will be called against any player that dunks and he will have to sit the mandatory 10 minutes. The second time a player should dunk during a game throughout the season will result in a technical foul, suspension from that game, and suspension from the following week’s game. A player’s third dunk will result in a technical foul and removal from the league. Teams will be liable for damage to backboards. No points will be awarded for any dunks.
- Dunking during warm-ups will result in a technical foul and subject to the rules above.
- Score sheets must be filled in with names and numbers by team captains before game time.
- Games will start at the time shown on the schedule or five minutes after the prior game if games are running behind.
- Please be available at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Games will be forfeited five minutes after your scheduled starting time.
- We will play games consisting of two 25-minute halves with a running clock. The only time the clock will stop on whistles is during the last minute of play in the first half and the last three minutes of the game if the score is within 15 points. If the game is within 15 points at the 3:00 mark, or if the game gets within 15 points after the 3:00 mark, the clock will stop on whistles for the remainder of the game.
- There is no shot clock in this tournament.
- Each team will receive three one-minute timeouts per game.
- Halftime is a five minute maximum.
- Overtime will be 3:00 with the clock stopping on all whistles. Any additional overtimes will be 1:00 in length with the clock stopping on all whistles.
- Teams will have one 1-minute timeout in the overtime. Timeouts do not carryover from regulation time or to additional overtimes.
- Overtimes will begin with a jump ball.
- Team members must wear the same color of shirt with visible numbers.
- Players must be at least 28 - Ten Players Maximum on a Roster
- All players must be listed on the team roster. Substitutes are not permitted.
- Teams are subject to being checked for age and identification. ID’s must be available at all times.
- Teams playing with illegal players will forfeit their game.
- Roster change requests must be made via e-mail to Robert Howard at email@example.com. Please include the name and info for the player(s) you are adding and the players(s) you are replacing.
- Teams may play with four players. Teams with less than four players must forfeit.
- Teams must start play on time if they have four players available. Players may enter the game late as long as they are on the roster.
- When playing shorthanded with four or five players only, players will not be permitted to stay in the game after their 5th foul. If you are shorthanded and you foul out, your team will become even more shorthanded. Games are allowed to finish no matter how many players are left on the floor. If four players are on the court and one fouls out, then that team continues play with its three remaining players.
- When a technical foul occurs, a player must sit for 10 minutes of the game.
- Players sitting for a technical foul cannot re-enter the game, even if a team is short on players.
- If the player commits a second technical foul in that game, the player is ejected from the game and suspended for the next 3 weeks. Players ejected from a game must leave the building immediately. Failure to do so will result in suspension from the league and a forfeit will be assessed to the team.
- Technical fouls will be reviewed by the league supervisor and, if necessary, CCPR administration to determine if a players should be suspended from the league.
- Any player that receives three technical fouls during the tournament will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
- Any players initiating a fight with another player, making unwanted and unwarranted contact with an official, or threatening a player or official will be suspended from tournament immediately.
- Any player suspended from the league must apply for re-instatement for future seasons.
CONDUCT AND INTERACTION WITH OFFICIALS AND SITE SUPERVISORS
- The coach/manager (identified at the start of the game) will be the only team spokesperson on all matters. This privilege is given only for clarification of a call or situation that occurs.
- At no time shall the coach/manager interrupt play, use unsportsmanlike conduct, use profanity, or badger the officials. (Any other player abusing this rule shall be given a warning and/or technical foul at the discretion of the official).
- Players who have consumed alcoholic beverages before playing will be required to leave. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
- Teams must show respect to all fellow players, referees, and workers in this tournament. Tournament Directors reserve the right to eject any player or team that is disrupting the league. In such case, there will be no refund of fees.
Double Elimination Bracket Play
Last updated: Friday, December 31, 2021 - 12:37